Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great ideas

Martha Stewart's summer home in Maine has some great ideas that I hope to incorporate in some way into Lucky Stars. Her home is the former Ford estate Skylands and is near Bar Harbor about and hour from Belfast. She seems to always have ideas to include a crowd - seating-reading etc. That certainly would work with our crowds.



I love the idea of stools in the kitchen - I am always working and I love the company so a various array of stools would be great - of course a whole new kitchen would be great too- gotta start somewhere.



Love the large jars on the windowsill - filled with sea glass and shells - right now I have milk bottles on the sill and some junk - like the smooth lines of similar jars.



How cool is this idea for my entry foyer - she uses a 72 inch table and skirted it - I would like to measure my foyer to see what would work but love the ideas of the stools and love the myriad of books to scatter on the table - you could drag the stools to other rooms for extra seating - look fabulous.


No comments: